Seven Home Maintainance Tips for Spring
After a long arduous winter most of us are more than ready for spring weather. However, harsh winter elements of high winds, pelting rain, and in some regions, heavy snow have the ability to wreak havoc on your home. So, before summer barbecues and pool parties commence, here are seven home maintenance tips for spring.
1. Check for possible damage to the roof. Look for missing, cracked or broken shingles and make note of any needed repairs.
2. Cut back tree limbs and shrubs growing within five feet of the house or that are brushing up against the roof.
3. Check and repair all cracked, broken or uneven driveways and walks.
4. Check your gutters for leaks or loose bindings. Improper drainage can lead to water damage. Clear any debris and make sure downspouts drain away from the foundation.
5. Examine the exterior of the chimney for signs of damage. Have the flue cleaned and inspected.
6. Clean and service the outside unit of the air conditioning system, remember, clean coils operate more efficiently.
7. Examine all the wood trim around windows, doors, railings and decks. Make repairs now before the spring rains do more damage to the exposed wood.