Now that spring is here, it’s finally time to get to those do-it-yourself projects. Give your home a mini makeover and increase your curb appeal with these DIY-friendly projects.
1. Clean your gutters. After a rough winter, remove any debris or obstructions from your rain gutters to prevent any water around your foundation. For the true do-it-yourselfer, consider replacing your gutters if you notice any rotting or cracking.
2. First impression. Your entryway is the focal point of your facade and leaves a lasting first impression on guests. Consider painting the front door and adding or updating light fixtures on either side of the entryway.
3. Snail mail. Replacing your mailbox is a quick and easy way to improve your front yard. House numbers can be purchased and added for a minimal expense.
4. Refresh and refinish. Stain outdoor wood decking and furniture. Remember to sweep and scrub surfaces before applying the stain. The fresh coat will make wood look like new.
5. Pave the way. Budget-friendly stones can be purchased at most garden supply stores. Line either side of your driveway to achieve a crisp look without the expense of pavers.