Saturday: August 29th, 2015 1:30 to 4:30 pm.
Sunday : August 30th, 2015 1:30 to 4:30 pm
During the summer months, homeowners across the country host yard sales. Hopefully following tips will make your summer sale a financial success!
1. Advertise. Hang brightly colored signs around your neighborhood and remember to display signs in high traffic areas, even if it is a few miles from the actual sale. Revisit the signs the day before the sale and add balloons to attract attention. Don’t forget to advertise on Facebook, Craig’s List or even in a newspaper ad.
2. Plan ahead. Make your sale as convenient as possible for shoppers, this means a prompt start, plenty of change, even light bulbs, power strips and batteries on hand to assure customers electric items work properly.
3. The price is right. Realistically price your items, remember, it’s a yard sale. Visit other sales prior to your own to get an idea of how to price your items.
4. Sell what sells. Sporting goods, toys, games and kitchen tools are popular buys, donate outdated clothing and discard any recalled items.
5. Curb appeal. Make your sale efficient and inviting. Everything should be clean and orderly with prices conveniently placed on the top of all item